How a Citrix user can access Network Drives
Windows Explorer is being retired due to security reasons. The technique for accessing files while connected to the Citrix environment involves launching the necessary app needed to open the target file(s).
The following example demonstrates how to access network drives while logged into Citrix:
2. Launch the Word 2016 app.
3. Click Open Other Documents (located at bottom left of screen).
4. Click on BROWSE (located at the bottom of the Open column).
5. The following window is displayed:
6. Double-click on This PC.
7. You will now be able to see the network drives which are automatically mapped for my network username. Drives G:, U:, and Z: are listed at the bottom of the left column after New Volume (D:) . If you had created manual drive mappings on your work PC these network drives will NOT be visible when you login to Citrix.
8. If the file you wish to open is located on one of your automatically mapped network drives, then click on the drive letter in the left-hand window pane to see the drive’s folders. Proceed to browse to the file and open it.
9. If the file you wish to open is located on a network drive which is NOT visible, then you must manually browse to the network drive location. Type the network location into the address location box at the top of the ‘OPEN’ window and press ENTER to access the drive:
10. Now you can browse to the folder containing the target file which you need to open.