How to install a Citrix Receiver client on a Mac PC
If a Mac PC is unable to launch Citrix apps, or the Citrix Storefront web portal does not detect a Receiver client, then a Receiver client may not be installed OR may be out-of-date.
To update your Mac’s Citrix Receiver client:
1) Open an Internet browser and browse to www.citrix.com.
2) Click on Downloads at the top of the webpage.
3) In the Select a product box, click the divot on the right side and scroll down to Citrix Receiver.
4) Under All Receiver options, click the divot beside Receiver for Mac.
5) If the user has a more recent Mac laptop model with Mac OS X 10.9 or newer, then click on the top choice, Receiver for Mac.
6) If the user has an older
Mac laptop which cannot be updated past Mac OS X 10.7, then click on the
lower choice, Earlier versions of Receiver for Mac. Then, select Receiver
11.9.15 for Mac.
7) If you’d like to setup the Citrix Receiver client to auto logon, click on the Magnifier symbol on the Mac’s top toolbar and then type in Citrix Receiver so that you can launch the Receiver.
8) Delete any pre-existing account info that had previously been added.
9) On the Add Account screen, enter in the URL address for the Citrix portal: mycitrix.umc.edu.
10) On the next screen, enter your network username & password. If the Mac PC is not a member of the UMMC domain, then it might be necessary to include ‘ntummc\’ in front of your username.
11) Test whether a Citrix app will launch.