How to resolve a Visual C assembly error that occurs during a Citrix Receiver client installation
This error occurs because of older Visual C++ runtimes being present on the PC. The PC will be unable to install a full Citrix Receiver client until you perform these corrective steps.
This is the Visual C assembly error:
To resolve the error:
1) Go to Control Panel Programs and Features and uninstall all listed versions of Microsoft Visual C++ and all listed Citrix Receiver clients.
2) Go to Control Panel Services and set the Windows Modules Installer service’s Startup Type to Manual and then START the service.
3) Download and install the latest Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable. The Update 3 version is located at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=53587.
4) If the PC is a UMMC device then use Microsoft Software Center’s Application Catalog 70955 to perform the Receiver installation. If the PC is a personal device then download and install the latest Citrix Receiver client from www.citrix.com
5) Go to Control Panel and ensure that Connection Manager is set as the default app to open .ICA files (Windows 10 will sometimes default to an incorrect app).
6) Launch an Internet browser and enter MyCitrix.umc.edu in the address window.
7) Try to launch a Citrix app.