Topics Map > Information Security
Topics Map > Training
Entrust Identity Guard Tip Sheets
The Entrust IdentityGuard Mobile app allows you to confirm your identity when you log into UMMC Webmail, Citrix, or VPN. This process ensures your device and accounts are secure against critical threats and attacks when you connect from off campus.
Through Entrust, you will have two options to confirm who you are before accessing your account:
- Use the "Soft Token" Entrust app, which will allow you to confirm that you are the user or generate a security code for you to enter on your screen upon log-in.
** See our tip sheet below, titled "Logging into Entrust Authorization: Webmail," for more details!
- Answer three security questions (chosen by you when you enroll with Entrust)
Entrust ensures that access to your UMMC account is secure against potential threats. All users must confirm through Entrust when using Webmail, Citrix, or VPN. While an Entrust account is required for on-campus access to Webmail as well, users will not have to interact with the app while connected to the UMMC network and on a UMMC device.
Get started with Entrust by downloading the Entrust IdentityGuard Mobile App (free of charge for iOS, Android, and Windows mobile devices), then enroll on your computer.
To enroll with Entrust IdentityGuard:
- Visit https://MyID.umc.edu on your computer (not on a mobile device) and log in with your UMMC username and password.
- Select your security questions and answers
- Register/activate the Entrust IdentityGuard Mobile App using the Tip Sheets below
You only need to download the Entrust app on a mobile device, such as a smart phone or tablet. View our Tip Sheets and Frequently Asked Questions below for more information!Tip Sheets: IOS