Student WiFi cannot connect
Students with windows 7 devices are unable to connect to the student wireless network. They enter their credentials and are presented with an error that windows cannot connect to the network. Students will need to manually add the Student wireless network connection in order to use the Student wireless network.
Manually adding the student wifi network
If you attempt to logon to the UMMC_Student network and receive the following error message after entering your UMMC credentials, you will need to manually setup the UMMC_Student WiFi network.
Right click on the wifi signal icon located in the bottom right corner of the task bar. Click on the words Open Network and Sharing Center.
Click on Manage Wireless Networks.
3. Click on Add.
4. Click on Manually create a network profile.
5. Enter the network name as "UMMC_Student'
Click on Security type and select WPA2-Enterprise.
Leave the Encryption type as AES.
6. Click on Change connection settings.
7. Click on the security tab.
Click on settings.
8. Click on the check mark next to Validate server certificate. It should now be unchecked.
Click on Configure.
9. Click on the check mark next to Automatically use my Windows logon name and password (and domain if any).
It should be unchecked now. Click OK.
10. You should now be able to connect to the student wireless network.
Select the Student wireless network.
Enter your UMMC username and password when prompted.
11. If you are prompted by a Windows Security Alert, click Connect.